Monday, December 8, 2008

some serious breastfeeding



As for Kaija: I think i underestimated how hard this could be for her. She is adjusting but it is just going to take some time. Ben and I are pretty much trying to give her A TON of attention but she is struggling with sharing us and just being 3 years old makes it tough. She calls Finley, "cutie pie" and is very sweet to her but there is a level of resentment she has which im hoping will fade.

Otherwise, we are all doing very well here. We have had a round of dinners the last week from various friends which has meant so much and helped out a ton! Thank you guys! Ben will be done with his finals in 2 days and will be home for about 3 weeks toward the end of December. This will be nice for us as a family to just hang out and get ready for Christmas!


the true face of motherhood

3 comments:

Allison and Daniel said...

Don't worry she will get over the resentment. Lauren did (well I think she did! ha).

Emily said...

Em, I'm so happy for you guys. I liked how Kaija was nursing her baby beside you. That's adorable. Annika nurses her baby too! I'm glad it looks like Finley is going to be a more relaxed baby. SOunds like breastfeeding is going better? I'm missing you guys so much!

kathleen said...

I love her name! Kaija sounds like she's doing really well - she'll get over the resentment soon and adjust just fine. Love you, Emily!